Home > Brookside

Brookside

Brookside Church, East Barnet MAP

 

2 Cat Hill, East Barnet, Herts EN4 8JB

 

There has been a Methodist church in East Barnet since 1915 when it was still a village community.  It is still known as ‘the village’ locally and the church is situated at the foot of Cat Hill (made famous by John Betjeman in Summoned by Bells) where it joins Church Hill Road.
The Village War Memorial, with its distinctive celtic cross, stands outside the church.

 

The premises are a mixture of buildings from 1930, 1967 and 1972 and are currently being renewed throughout.  

 

Over the last 14 years we have undertaken a major renewal of the church end of the building. 

 

The first stage which transformed the front of the church and provided much needed new facilities was completed early in 2006. 

 

The refurbishment of the sanctuary area was completed in 2012, and has involved the replacement of the old gloomy windows with clear glass transforming the church with beautiful light and a new effective heating system! The fixed pews were removed and replace with chairs of different colours (purple, pink and burgundy) all with arms! 

 

The church was carpeted throughout and flexible staging introduced.  The church is often laid out in different ways!

 

We have recently completed the upgrading the hall, kitchen and toilets in the 1930's end of the building along with putting in an internal ramp between the two parts of the building helping those in wheelchairs to be able to go through the building without having to go outside.

 

Our congregation is changing and growing and we enjoy welcoming visitors and newcomers into our midst.